Monday, October 6, 2014

COORDINATE GRAPHING - NERF GUN FUN!!!


Students practice plotting points in all 4 quadrants using a Nerf Gun (knock off). They loved it. What was even better is that this was an assessment. One student said "I thought we were having a test."  I wasn't sure what to tell him first. I was so proud he was aware of the assessment and it was super exciting to tell them all this activity was the assessment. I got a WHOOOO!!!!



 















With painters tape I created the x and y axis on the marker board. I numbered each number line. Each student got to shoot the nerf gun twice trying to place a dart in two different quadrants. They then were graded based upon correctly giving the location of each dart. 100% was awarded to correctly naming both darts. 75% was given if students needed direction to get to the correct answer.

3 comments:

  1. I can't see your pictures and I would love to because I am starting coordinate grids next week! It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the pictures either. I would like to know more how you did this because I will be starting coordinate graphing soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on it now. Stay tune!

    ReplyDelete