Monday, September 26, 2011

I HOPE IT'S A MARVELOUS MONDAY FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Everyone repeat after me. "I CAN COMPARE AND ORDER FRACTIONS WITH UNLIKE DENOMINATORS" "I CAN COMPARE AND ORDER FRACTIONS WITH UNLIKE DENOMINATORS" "I CAN COMPARE AND ORDER FRACTIONS WITH UNLIKE DENOMINATORS" "I CAN COMPARE AND ORDER FRACTIONS WITH UNLIKE DENOMINATORS" "I CAN COMPARE AND ORDER FRACTIONS WITH UNLIKE DENOMINATORS"

Today we are going to take a break from finding common denominators and equivalent fractions so we can work on adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers with like denominators.

*if you need to you can change mixed number into improper fractions before you add or subtract. Just remember to change your answer back into a mixed number*

*if the denominators are the same you can add or subtract as the problem is written*

*if you have a whole number you will have to change it into a mixed number. Subtract 1 from the whole number and then create your fraction so it has the same denominator as the other fraction in the problem. Remember that a whole has the same numerator and denominator*

No comments:

Post a Comment